In light of the rise in the numbers of covid infections we’d like to remind patients of the following, in order that we can keep both patients and staff as safe as possible.
- We continue to be open and are seeing patients as we have done throughout the COVID19 pandemic. However, all patients wishing to see a GP will continue to first receive a telephone call from the GP or paramedic. The GP/paramedic will determine whether a face to face appointment is necessary which they will arrange as needed
- We ask that patients DO NOT come to the surgery unless they have an appointment to be seen or have been allocated a time slot to collect medication. If you have a query, or would like to make an appointment, we ask that you call the surgery on 0118 930 3081, visit our website www.Thealemedicalcentre.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We appreciate that the phone lines are sometimes very busy and this has been made more difficult at times with staff absence due to illness and self isolation. For routine enquiries, we ask patients to consider calling later in the day when the lines are usually less busy or submit their enquiry via the website/email.
- Please DO NOT attend the surgery if you have a cough, temperature, loss of smell/taste or have been told to self isolate
- When possible we will text or email documents to patients to avoid a visit to the surgery
- When possible we will send prescriptions electronically to the patient nominated pharmacy
- The waiting room remains open, but with strict social distancing measures in place. We ask that you only take a seat in the red chairs and that there is a maximum of 5 patients in the waiting room at any time.
- We ask whenever possible that patients attend their appointment unaccompanied. We appreciate that this will not be possible for those patients needing assistance, such as the elderly
- If you would prefer to wait in your car until the doctor or nurse is ready to see you, please tell the receptionist when you are checked in. They will take your car registration number and inform the clinician you are seeing, who will then collect you from your car
- Please use hand sanitiser on entering the building
- Please follow the one way system
Last of all we’d like the thank you for all of your kind words of support and for your understanding throughout this pandemic. Our staff always try their very hardest for all our patients, and although we understand that this can be a frightening and frustrating time for some patients, we ask that you continue to treat our staff with the respect they deserve.